Festers Custom Signature Bar

For the bits and bobs created by Fester's Place members
BBloke
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: Festers Custom Signature Bar

Post by BBloke » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:06 am

Very nice work Nova. I've added this to the web site so for the time being there is a little news post here.

The generator has now been templated as well here.

If you could check it out it would be great. I had to changed just a couple of lines but it works a treat (fingers-crossed).
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

dintbo(aka bosco)
Site Admin

Post by dintbo(aka bosco) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:08 am

Looks excellent. Any chance of putting a permanent link on the frontend as well, maybe beside server status
Nicely done Bbloke!!

Fester

Post by Fester » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:21 am

excuse me english but I FUCKING LOVE IT :D

Supernova

Post by Supernova » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:37 am

Cheers guys, and nice bbloke :D

There's still one thing I'd like to fix, which is the numbering system, and the fact that the folder name has "temp" in it :D
Unfortunately, it will change the layout of people's sigs, so they'll have to move over to the new one. The only way I can think of doing this is drawing a red warning message saying to everybody to change over to the new one, then deleting the old files once everybody's moved over... :(

It's kindof my fault for releasing early and not including the bottom row when I started, but it's just strange that the numbering goes 1 to 9 then 11 12 13 :D

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:49 pm

Thanks guys.. So far I've added the Custom Sig page to the Vault menu but also created a link on the bottom menu (this is just incase it has little revelance on the bottom menu).

We have a registered users section on the front end which accessible via successful login. I was planning on putting it there but it's a home for the time being :).

I've also added some text to the top of the page just to help those that may not have seen it.

Let me know if you can think of a better place to hold the links for the page and I'll sort them out.

hashbandit

Post by hashbandit » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:52 pm

how could you not offer them a toke jase? shame on you!
here ya go lads

:greentoke: :grow: :jump:

indivisible

Post by indivisible » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:47 pm

Supernova wrote:There's still one thing I'd like to fix, which is the numbering system, and the fact that the folder name has "temp" in it :D
Unfortunately, it will change the layout of people's sigs, so they'll have to move over to the new one. The only way I can think of doing this is drawing a red warning message saying to everybody to change over to the new one, then deleting the old files once everybody's moved over... :(
Couldn't you copy the current workings, apply the fixes/tweaks and drop it into another folder without temp in it leaving the current the way it is. Then get everyone to update using the new location and when they all have just remove the original section?
That way all the old ones still link properly and you get the nice clean setup you want in the new.

Maybe I'm overlooking something though? :-?

Edit: Getting a 404 when trying to use the frontend generator.
Last edited by indivisible on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers BBloke! You're the grease that oils the cogs of Festers!
Props to Cali for all his ETF2L organisation skills!!

hashbandit

Post by hashbandit » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:49 pm

loolz nice job :tophat:

Supernova

Post by Supernova » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:05 pm

indivisible wrote:Couldn't you copy the current workings, apply the fixes/tweaks and drop it into another folder without temp in it leaving the current the way it is. Then get everyone to update using the new location and when they all have just remove the original section?
That way all the old ones still link properly and you get the nice clean setup you want in the new.
That's *exactly* what I planned on doing man :D
I'll edit the older version a little to display a red message on sigs with the old style asking them to update, when I stop seeing red sigs I'll delete the old directory :-)

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:41 pm

indivisible wrote:
Supernova wrote:There's still one thing I'd like to fix, which is the numbering system, and the fact that the folder name has "temp" in it :D
Couldn't you copy the current workings, apply the fixes/tweaks and drop it into another folder without temp in it leaving the current the way it is. Then get everyone to update using the new location and when they all have just remove the original section?

Maybe I'm overlooking something though? :-?

Edit: Getting a 404 when trying to use the frontend generator.
Just tried it and everything is peachy. How are you trying to get to the page? Which link are you clicking? What is the URL the link is giving you?