Thank you Advent.

Llama@bad

Thank you Advent.

Post by Llama@bad » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:14 pm

I just wanted to put something down so that the hole community knows how great some of you are ;) (No not great in drinking and smoking but in person :D )

After I canceled my L4D Preorder at Steam because i didnt want a censored game (as I am legally an adult in Germany and Valve does it only because they want to do commercials and stuff (even so valve did censor it a bit its still rated 18 only that you can buy it now normal and not have to have it under the cashiers table), I postet here to search somebody to send me over L4D.
Advent did it in like 4 days (bought it and send it), and so I had it in 5 days or so.
It took me lot longer to get the money over to him. But I just wanted to thank Advent for it and the hole community because now i can kill you ingame if you play against me versus ;)

Picture of the package that arrived at my house, with the English (look upper right corner of the box) version ;)

So Thanks Advent and everyone for supporting me in givin me games and the time to speak bad english that nobody understands :D
"I'd like to congradulate Llama on having the longest ever post (LEP) at Fester's Place. And second longest. And third longest. And fourth longest! Long live the king of anti-spam!" by Jonnywhy

Fester
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: Thank you Advent.

Post by Fester » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:25 pm

Nice Llama good to see your sorted and good on you Advent for stepping up .. Great community :D

heavy_the_hobbit
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by heavy_the_hobbit » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:33 pm

Too bad Hobbit leaves in the States :)

THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW.

Advent

Post by Advent » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:00 pm

No worries llama, it aint right playing a zombie game with all the good gore taken out.

"Advent retreats forward" - Supernova

S.COREA

Post by S.COREA » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:21 am

Am I playing on a dumbed down version?

Johnimus Prime
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by Johnimus Prime » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:35 am

S.COREA wrote:Am I playing on a dumbed down version?
Is that a dumb question? ;)
"Quit your whinging, lets start binging'"

S.COREA

Post by S.COREA » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:31 am

Johnimus Prime wrote:
S.COREA wrote:Am I playing on a dumbed down version?
Is that a dumb question? ;)
I didn't know.

What all is taken out of the steam copy I have?

vonklinkerhoffen

Post by vonklinkerhoffen » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:37 am

Isnt the German version normally the one where explosions are erupting hamburgers, confetti and clockwork parts ? :)

@Llama : didnt notice that u were German btw, but u can put a good camouflage with your distorted mic :p

And yea, Advent is becoming a legend @ Festers, not only for being the unstoppable fatso with 999 Health.

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:58 am

heavy_the_hobbit wrote:Too bad Hobbit leaves in the States :)
Not to mention underage. :)

Bloody censorship. It's amazing. We have an Italian Student working for us and he couldn't believe the "truth" he was reading regarding the Italian president. He mentioned you wouldn't read anything like that in Italy but everyone knows how much of a fascist he is.

Wonder how steam apply their censorship rules. The ones that I can think would be pretty flawed. GeoIP could be wrong and windows language can be changed. Buggers the lot of em!!
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

Llama@bad

Post by Llama@bad » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:45 pm

vonklinkerhoffen wrote:Isnt the German version normally the one where explosions are erupting hamburgers, confetti and clockwork parts ? :)

@Llama : didnt notice that u were German btw, but u can put a good camouflage with your distorted mic :p
The TF2 Version is and its pretty damn funny, only the thing is that you cant see so good if you hit somebody because their is no blood if you hit him but he dont dies, only sparks.

The exploding into hamburgers etc is damn funny, but some how after a steam update I got the English Version of TF2 didnt know how it happen. Had English language before because german speaking is shit and science a random day i have all that gore and blood^^.

I don't have the german version obviously but what i know is that there is no shooting off legs/arms (which happens not so often in l4d anyway) and no Ragdoll system or a reduced on (i dont know if there is headexplosions but this is easy to try. Just wait till a zombie runs directly at you and shoot him in the had with a shootgun or a sniperrifle or even a m16 normaly his head shot explode than... its like that in the english version at least. could be that it is censored in german version....

Klinker my mic is distorted? Nobody said that to me but good thing one didnt notice iam german, I realy thought that everybody is laughing loud everytime I speak, thinking "Ohhh what a german" :lol:

EDIT: by the way, the uncut european version (which I have now :D ) was thrown on the Index today (or yesterday) http://www.cstrike.de/comments.php?newsid=15190
Which means that if a shop still has it (they can sell it under their desk but cant put it into the cupboards) it will be picked up from the police and destroyed then^^
And its against the law to import it right now :D
"I'd like to congradulate Llama on having the longest ever post (LEP) at Fester's Place. And second longest. And third longest. And fourth longest! Long live the king of anti-spam!" by Jonnywhy