What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Re: the offical ban dorino potetion sign here

Post by Fester » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:52 am

Agreed Jase

But they have to be hot chicks ;)

dorino

Post by dorino » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:17 am

I'd say a warning first, I mean, gotta give em a chance, right? Im thankful I got one.

cockijoe

Post by cockijoe » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:24 am

Dorino is like marmite you love him or hate him,I for one have said he is a pain in the arse.
But as he states in his posts he had a smacked bum from fester and for the last few days he been good and he slowly (and i mean slowly Dorino) growning on me.
Dorino you got of to a bad start and like others said your young and daft as we allwhere at 1 point in our lives. Festers is a great place to hang out and and if you go backwards with your behavour its only you who would miss out on the fun nights we have.
I say left sleeping dogs lie and start afresh.
Alot of folks stuck up for you dorino dont let them down m8 ;)

MountieXXL
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by MountieXXL » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:35 am

yeah, well I guess if we don't teach the jung'uns how to be as fecked up in the head as we are then who is? I find Dor., Heavy, Fullmetal and those other juves can sure be annoying at times but we need to do our part and show them what it's really all about cause we were all little and on top of the world once too.. but for the times they do get way the hell out of hand then please feel free to temp-ban because that's all part of the learing process.
Last edited by MountieXXL on Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
I mean, it's all windy stairs. I'm not being funny.

Zed

Post by Zed » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:09 am

Del wrote: and zed, wtf?
that post is as nonsensical as dorino's scutter, the kind of thing that makes me hover over the delete button
you can delete it if you want...i don't even remember posting it :shock: i must have just woken up or somthing :|

Del

Post by Del » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:15 am

MountieXXL wrote: juves can sure be annoying at times but we need to do our part and show them what it's really all about cause we were all little and on top of the world once too..
(These are the thoughts of a cranky old bastard)
I disagree. IMO it's not our place to show them what it's all about. This isnt Fester's Place of Learning. We are not here to be a shining beacon in the murky depths of the internet, we are the murky depths, ffs. It is just one server out of thousands, but it is our server. There is a pool of at least 100 regular players and the server is getting full at peak times, (ie when we all play) quite consistently these days. Recently there's been on average 100 new players coming across the server every day. If only 5% of those return on a regular basis and only 5% of those are juvies, that's another kid or two every week that we potentially have to deal with. Do not want! Just this week, we banned one problem child and are having this bigass debate over another.

I want to be able to enjoy my gaming and chatting without annoyances. I had it this afternoon, joe random connected and started mouthing off straight away. Asked him to knock it off, he didnt. Muted him. Problem solved. To hell with cutting people slack. Zero tolerance, if there's bullshit from any age, warn and then mute/kick/ban. Then as jase says, it'll be a non-issue. We will find replacement players, they will find replacement servers. There are plenty out there that may well be better suited to their wants and needs, although what an alltalk server full of mouthy teens sounds like, I shudder to think.

And if you are still concerned about using the server to teach those oh so important life skills that you can only get from an anonymous foulmouthed and foulminded stranger, well it's possible to learn from observation, no?
Not saying children should be seen and not heard either, there is of course a happy medium between babble and silence.

I dunno, it's late, I'm tired. Maybe I'll have more love for Whitney's Darlings in the morning. Good old coke addict Whitney. Show us the way, lol.

-Spooky-

Post by -Spooky- » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:57 am

I don´t understand the real problem with dorino. :/ Anyway. RoE (Rules of Engagement) are clear, all over the world. I guess, the server rules (when FP got one) are clear enough. For all players! Warn , Kick, Ban.

Just my 2 cents..
„Do you know, what they call you, when you’re out of the room? Gollum!“

MountieXXL
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Post by MountieXXL » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:02 am

yeah okay del, maybe the whole teching thing was a bit badly put statement, born from beer and being-up-late, but I find if they get booted fast enough when it gets out of hand then they might behave better next time because seriously, out of all the 100s of servers out there I can say Fester's is one of the few thats acctually fun enough to make me play this game allmost every day. Course something like a 3-strikes-your-out system does make good sense, but then please only the "out" part if there have actually been 3 valid strikes.
I mean, it's all windy stairs. I'm not being funny.

Fester

Post by Fester » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:20 pm

I SAID ENOUGH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NO MORE POSTING HERE