So many AFK's

Hackers and crackers, Report them here
CAMBO
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

So many AFK's

Post by CAMBO » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:04 pm

After waiting around 5 mins to join the server last night, i was amazed to see around 1/3 of the team afk for most of the hour or so i played.

I know TF2 is constantly evolving but i dont get all this crafting and other shit mid game.
The games are short enough that anything can usually wait and personally i find it really annoying when players go afk to make drinks or get stuff or whatever.

Go spec or leave the server if you cant wait a few mins and stop fucking it up for the rest of us.

Sundays is generally a much better game than you would get on a Friday for instance but as many players noticed recently with the advent of the engie update TF2 is all about balanced gameplay which is impossible with so many players not actively taking part.

Sorry for the moan but the thing i love about Festers is the quality of the gameplay which takes a real hit at times like these.

Avenging

Re: So many AFK's

Post by Avenging » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:08 pm

I agree, it got on my nervs last night, when on a full server and had 3-5 afks and the team were getting Rick Rolled over and over, I ended up going spec :X. Their was no point in playing.

Bowzie
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Bowzie » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:16 pm

Avenging wrote:I ended up going spec :X.
Sounds like you're part of the problem aswell......

Califax

Post by Califax » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:26 pm

Well, getting a drink normally wont take longer then a couple of seconds, so dont see any issue there...
But the trading was a bit much last few days, but think thats just the first rush too... Will settle in.

Exterminatus

Post by Exterminatus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:28 pm

Cambo makes a valid point - you don't need to be in the server itself to craft or even trade, there's really little point in doing that. If it's some spur-of-the-moment thing or whatever at least wait until the next setup or map change.
@Califax it's going to go on for a while with everyone constantly finding new stuff.
Great job, BBloke!

CAMBO

Post by CAMBO » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:31 pm

Bowzie wrote:
At least he went spec though, although your comment did give me a laugh.

The irony was the server appeared full but around a dozen players were taking no part.

And Cali - check out how long Anal takes to get a drink - usually half the game at least.

Coco

Post by Coco » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:47 pm

Exterminatus wrote: it's going to go on for a while with everyone constantly finding new stuff.
I think in a month or 2 most of the people will have all the hats they want, so things wil get normal soon. It's just the same as a class update when you get in a team with 8 engies or spies or snipers, now you get in a team with 5 afk's. Don't worry because it's probabl the same in the other team.

Avenging

Post by Avenging » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:50 pm

Bowzie wrote:
Also note after abit I left :P

BBloke

Post by BBloke » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:41 pm

I can see the frustration. It would be nice for those trading to quickly go spec so the teams can remain balanced. I've been guilty of standing around on a map trading so I'm just as bad. I'm sure it will subside eventually.
" 'Mother' is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

Fester

Post by Fester » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:22 pm

and with the updates comes the problems :lol:

like most have said it will blow over in a week or so. when updates are released it brings alot of people back to the game for a little while hence full servers again. as for the standing around trading, getting a drink, rolling a spliff, its all a part of the game! the social aspect of it. i agree people should join spec but who here has not stood around in spawn for a couple minutes? throw the first stone! :lol: hard to keep 32 players moving all the time and not every single game will be played with skill and precession, there will be imbalances in games, the best you can do is ask your nearest admin for some help :)