Clan Stacking

Hackers and crackers, Report them here
CAMBO
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 70

Clan Stacking

Post by CAMBO » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:37 am

Hi guys, we had it again last night and i know that a lot of you noticed 2 different clans on, and amazingly they were all on the same team mostly [ TOT ] and another i cant recall.

All had the same avatar and all left within 1 seond of each other at the end.

In many ways this approach to TF2 seems counter to what we have on Festers Place which is for the most part a self regulated group who dont ruin the team play to heal just their friend or clan member for instance.

Last week i played where we had engis on my team building teles that went backwards a long way while their clan members on the other team seem to have been trying to win the map. Clearly they were working together.

I think this issue has only really popped up again now due to the low numbers on the server in general due to BOF, which has meant the usual suspects havent been around to clamp down as much on this.

Anyway, i dont want to sound like im moaning because in the end the games last night werent actually that badly affected by it, but its likely to happen more i think while we have quite an empty server during the times it always used to be full, due to many of the regulars being absent for BOF.

The irony is that what's so appealing about Festers Place is all the individual characters and personalities, that does set it apart, so when you get these groups coming along with the same name and avatar they might as well be BOTS !

Johnimus Prime

Re: Clan Stacking

Post by Johnimus Prime » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:23 am

Thanks Cambo - we will keep an eye out. Always check Steam friends to see if there is an admin about (there is usually someone kicking around the place). We can always log on and sort out any troublemakers.

If you look at it from a different point of view, I think word gets around that while we are a bunch of stoners and piss heads we have a generally good skill level. I think clans get to hear about this and come on to see what we have got. Stacking is I agree generally a bad thing, but it can also be quite complimentary! (especially when we all kick butt)
"Quit your whinging, lets start binging'"

Fester
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Fester » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:42 am

Johnimus has pretty much said it all :) while BoF players have a game or 2 during the week they aint 2 fair away.. if there is an admin needed on the main server we will get some one there. the main server is still the "Main server" and the centre hub of our community

we have a lot more clans stopping by now due to the BoF thing, they want to come and check us out and as Johnimus has said we have a name for a high skill fun server, this tends to bring clans and clans tend to bring nob-heads :P

dont be afraid to hit up an admin if you think they are needed on the server :) and thanks for the heads up :D

dintbo(aka bosco)
Site Admin

Post by dintbo(aka bosco) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:16 pm

I was on for a bit last night when those tot guys were on. It didn't go unnoticed but as you said cambo, it didn't really effet the game as far as I could see, and I was keeping an eye out. Its only natural for a bunch of mates/clanmates to join a server together when they don't have one of their own and I don't think we should discourage this. However if it starts effevting the gameplay either by them stacking and making it ubfair to the other team, ot being on different teams and working together (stupid teles for an enemy spy to use for example) the the hammer should come down mighty hard.
Nicely done Bbloke!!

Taibhse
What is 3hirty p1us 4orty?: 4

Post by Taibhse » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:26 pm

Notcied these guys on my team while defending on avanti last night, seeing as they were all on the same team they were just playing though. (we lost so I think they must suck as a clan :-D )
Don't think you should stop random groups joining and playing together if they want. Normally its the regulars who are the best so stacking just hurts your team more than it helps.

Anyone who is trying to hurt their own team should not go unpunished though, thats just not on.

CAMBO

Post by CAMBO » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:36 pm

Fair points guys, as i said wasnt really moaning about it - its just coming about more often now, and i didnt think of the implication of the BOF matches attracting these clans.

I may have to up my game as im playing like a new born deer thats gotten access to JASE's stash at the moment.

Avenging

Post by Avenging » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:24 pm

Just for your info, I saw this clan over a year ago on a the BNS server and they did the same thing, from my memory i can recall that they are a german clan possibly without forums they call home.

LazyEagle

Post by LazyEagle » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:32 pm

Damned Punks!

Seriously though Cambo, next time it happens, just mention it to an Admin via Steam Chat.

Llama@bad

Post by Llama@bad » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:32 pm

If their german, maybe don, smoke, mounty and me can make a little walk with them... talking them sense :D

(i've been playing too much mafia 2 lately)
"I'd like to congradulate Llama on having the longest ever post (LEP) at Fester's Place. And second longest. And third longest. And fourth longest! Long live the king of anti-spam!" by Jonnywhy

CAMBO

Post by CAMBO » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:50 pm

As Groucho Mark once said
“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”

Festers Place accepted.